microcode_ctl enhancement update
Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated microcode_ctl packages that add one enhancement are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
The microcode_ctl packages provide microcode updates for Intel and AMD processors.
This update adds the following enhancement:
- The Intel CPU microcode has been updated to the latest upstream version, which also provides new capabilities used by the Linux kernel to mitigate CVE-2018-3639, known as the Speculative Store Bypass vulnerability.
This update includes also microcode for Intel Xeon Processor E5 v4 and Intel Xeon Processor E7 v4; Core i7-69xx/68xx, family 6, model 0x4f,
Users of microcode_ctl are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which add this enhancement.
Note: a system reboot is necessary for this update to take effect.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server – Extended Update Support 7.5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Scientific Computing 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux EUS Compute Node 7.5 x86_64
- BZ – 1576334 – [RHEL-7] Include updated ucode for Broadwell EP/EX [rhel-7.5.z]